Thursday, April 24, 2014

Blog 19: Independent Component 2

LITERAL:

  • I, Nisa Legaspino, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work. 
  • My mentor, Ramiro Cisneros, helped me complete my independent component.
  • Click >here<, or the link to the right.
  • Similar to what I have done in the last component, I helped out around the office as much as I could. I made copies, filed, shredded paperwork, and become a delivery girl. I also was able to look at old cases and work one on one with my mentor to see if how I would handle a case is in line with what the lawyer really did. I also helped out with small tasks of researching information for cases or going over documents and taking notes for the attorneys.

INTERPRETIVE:

This is me trying to file, with no room in any office...

Not even half the boxes that I need to make copies for and file away.

My best friend, the copying machine, reminding me to always be organized since lawyers need a lot of copies of paperwork.

Cover of Penal Code, 2013 edition.


APPLIED:
  • This component has helped me answer my EQ in finding my third answer, to "win" a case. However, it is hard to prove your client not guilty if you yourself are not prepared or are not organized. The experience of going through the Penal Codes also showed me how serious it is to know what you are going to say and know how to appeal to the judge or jury. For example, when I was going over a suspect's phone records, it was my job as the :"attorney" to know how to interpret that information and to determine whether the information can help or hinder me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment