Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Blog 12: Third Interview Questions


  1. What is the best way a defense attorney can defend her client in court? Why?
  2. Are there different strategies or techniques used when defending a client in misdemeanors or felonies? If so, please list them.
  3. What would you advise your client to do to NOT make their situation any worse than it already is?
  4. How would you ensure your client got the mandatory-minimum, and not anything more if convicted?
  5. Do believe mandatory-minimums are a weapon for prosecutors who want to be unreasonable and unjust? Why?
  6. Can you give me some examples of a few times where a case was dismissed or anything that called for a plea bargain?
  7. Can you give me any scenarios or cases that you wouldn’t mind sharing that I could use in my presentation?
  8. What are some of your strategies when negotiating a plea bargain?
  9. How would you know if you are getting a fair bargain or not?


2 comments:

  1. Please revise these and send me the link.
    2. yes/no
    4. wording is a bit odd
    6. yes/no
    7. yes/no
    8. yes/no
    10. advice

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2. What if the answer is no? Rephrase as "what are"? I doubt there is only one technique!
    3. Okay...in order to keep their situation from getting worse?
    5. Again...odd. I don't know that most people enter a career in order to be unreasonable and unjust. Maybe...how are mandatory minimums a good thing? How can they be misused?
    6&7. Wording like this could invite a no and nothing more. If you use, make sure to have follow ups ready. I'd like to see 7 get more specific with your EQ. What cases can you tell me about that you are especially proud of?

    ReplyDelete