Thursday, February 6, 2014

Blog 14: Independent Component 1

Literal:

  • I, Nisa Legaspino, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.
  • My mentor, Ramiro Cisneros, helped me complete my independent component.
  • (look to the right)
  • Basically what I have done is help out at the office where I can, organize the office as well, and help with a few cases. In these situations, I would write notes of some of the cases he would get to make it easier for a judge to understand the case and put the situation in our favor. A few times my mentor would let me guess what would be the appropriate approach. 
Interpretive:

  • picture evidence...

Daily report of what happens in the courts. Has all the cases and another way to record proceedings.
Inside of the Daily Appellate Report. Would read these when writing notes on getting an appeal or to organize the files.

Paperwork that defense attorneys' fill out concerning information about the client and their case. It is blank do to privacy issues, but this is something that I would learn to read.
Applied:

  • This has helped me with the foundation of my senior topic because it has shown me how organized and busy a public defender may be, depending on the type of crimes you handle. Also, to always work at the best of your abilities because these clients are putting their faith in you. This is essential to coming up with possible answers since I can get more of a personal experience of what being a public defender it like.


No comments:

Post a Comment